CoinPeople.com

Market Tokens - Santa Fe New Mexico

I photographed some wooden nickels today. I've had these for a long time. Used to get them at a Market in Santa Fe that we'd go to for morning coffee almost everyday when I worked there. Gosh they had great coffee.

13976958620_e195db2b39_c.jpgWild Oats Recycle Pgm 2000 Santa Fe NM obv by UGotaHaveArt, on Flickr

13976957528_f5739593f3_c.jpgWild Oats Recycle Pgm 2000 Santa Fe NM rev by UGotaHaveArt, on Flickr

13976960668_8957f0845e_c.jpgWild Oats Recycle Pgm 1999 Santa Fe NM obv by UGotaHaveArt, on Flickr

13976959510_9d64dfb9e3_c.jpgWild Oats Recycle Pgm 1999 Santa Fe NM rev by UGotaHaveArt, on Flickr

Thanks for sharing! Were they more of a souvenir type item, or were they intended to be used in future purchases?

You could donate them to a charity by placing them in a labelled jar at the front of the store or you could use them for money off a purchase or to purchase a grocery bag is you wanted one.

In downtown Santa Fe at the Governor's Palace (I think that's what they still call it), they have a regular sale area for Native American Crafts. Only real Native Americans are allowed to sell there and only self/family made items are allowed. Wonderful jewelry and pottery. I was most impressed with the weavings and purchased several rugs from that sale.