CoinPeople.com

Ugly Coin Competition 2014 Round 1 Voting Is Open!

ikaros

Voting is open, and will stay open until I get home from work Monday night, May 12, at which point I'll post the winner and set up the next round of voting. Thanks for your patience -- can't wait to see some of the comments. :D

Thanks for doing this ik. it's fun. I've been voting but it will take a while to complete. Very nice job in setting this up and in your selections/pairings.

The pairings were relatively random -- they were set up to minimize people going up against themselves as much as possible, although that was unavoidable a couple of times. Outside of that I didn't have any choice in the pairings (a vital component since I'm competing as well!) so I'll pass on the thanks to the =RAND() function in my spreadsheet. :D

I'm trying to avoid three-way contests too, but I think in one of the flights (maybe that should be "depths" here?) that might also prove unavoidable in the next round. It may be necessary to avoid an entry getting a bye into the final in a competetive group.

And in an epically nerdy way, I'm finding the mechanics of the competition to be as interesting as the competition itself. :)

Just a reminder, time to vote is running out! Voting will close when I get from from work Monday night (somewhere around 11:30pm-12am plus or minus).

There are a few ties floating around out there, someone who hasn't voted do something about them! Please! :D