CoinPeople.com

Ugly Coin Competition 2014 1B2 Round 1 Group 3/5

ikaros

UCC14 1B2 Round 1 Group 3  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Please vote for the uglier coin

• ikaros' 1964D US "Peace" dollar fantasy issue (overstruck Peace dollar, unk date)
    • ScottO's 1551 Type 6B London 6d

Ugly Coin Competition 2014

Ugly By Design

You Poor Poor Thing

1970 and Before

ikaros' 1964D US "Peace" dollar fantasy issue (overstruck Peace dollar, unk date)

While I love the reverse of this coin, I have never liked the obverse, Liberty looks not only startled, but the victim of a bad hair day. A coin should never be able to legitimately have the caption, "Eeek! A mouse!" And yet, that's the only way I've ever been able to see this series.

1015305.jpg

vs

ScottO's 1551 Type 6B London 6d

Both age and clipping has destroyed this once beautiful and scarce coin, the king looks like a ghostly figure on the obverse.

990511.jpg

6d got my vote. While I think that the photograph of ik's dollar is a bit rough, I have always liked the design of the Peace Dollar. So you can see that "One man's porridge is another man's gruel" .

The "winners" are:

ikaros' 1964D US "Peace" dollar fantasy issue (overstruck Peace dollar, unk date)

While I love the reverse of this coin, I have never liked the obverse, Liberty looks not only startled, but the victim of a bad hair day. A coin should never be able to legitimately have the caption, "Eeek! A mouse!" And yet, that's the only way I've ever been able to see this series.

1015305.jpg

and

ScottO's 1551 Type 6B London 6d

Both age and clipping has destroyed this once beautiful and scarce coin, the king looks like a ghostly figure on the obverse.

990511.jpg