CoinPeople.com

Panama Canal Medal

Hello All,

DSCF0868.JPGDSCF0870.JPGDSCF0869.JPG

I have recently come into possession of a large medal (appears to be bronze)

issued by the Panama Canal Authority. It is 75mm (3 inches) in diameter. It is all in Spanish but basically it says it is for exceptional public service. On the front bottom right there is a name. (J. Calabro')

It does not have any name or number engraved on the back, so I assume this one to be not issued.

Any information about this medal would be greatly appreciated. Year, number issued, etc.. This is the only one I have seen and I'm having trouble finding any information about it.

Thanks.

Hello and welcome to CoinPeople. That's a great looking medal. I don't have any info about it for you and a quick bit of research didn't unearth anything. If you are an ANA member you might want to contact the Museum or the ANA Historian. They have tons and tons of info on these things. There's also a Token and Medal Society which might help but I do not belong to that either and my normal contact has passed on. Good luck with your research.

• 7 years later...