CoinPeople.com

Canadian Cents

I'm looking to fill some spaces in my Canadian small cents album. I'd be happy to purchase the coins I need or to trade for other US/World/Canadian coins.

1953 NSF

1954 NSF

2006 non mag

2006 rcm logo

2007 non mag

2009 non mag

2010 mag

2010 non mag

2011 mag

2011 non mag

2012 mag

2012 non mag

Condition is not that important but nothing too beat up or damaged.

Thanks.

I know I have a box of them sitting around someplace. I'll see what I can dig up this week. Might have some, might not. Will also take a copy of your list to the local coin shop. Bet they have some in their bargain bin.

I know I have a box of them sitting around someplace. I'll see what I can dig up this week. Might have some, might not. Will also take a copy of your list to the local coin shop. Bet they have some in their bargain bin.

Very nice of you to give it a try. Wish I had a local coin shop with a nice bargain bin.

If you had asked me a few months earlier I would have sent you many of those dates F.O.C. :sorry:

OK, Let's pretend it's a few months ago and I'll ask you. Seriously, I appreciate the sentiment but a few months ago I wasn't really looking to do some collection work. Thanks anyway.

You know that '25 is not going to be cheap - the '25 was my best Canadian roll find a few years ago.

I'll put that one off till last if it's too expensive. I know the 27 goes for a pretty good price and so left that off the want list.

I know I have plenty of the non-magnetic late dates - the 2011 and 2012 are rather hard to find in steel though, for some curious reason. I know I must have some of the late 1920s and early 30s from circulation finds too - the problem is I put them all in rolls - I usually don't find enough GV stuff that I roll it on it's own and they end up with GVI rolls and I find tonnes more GVI stuff so I have probably at least 20-25 rolls of them from roll searches. I have boxes of 50s rolls of the YH stuff.

I get lots of Canadian, probably 5-10% of the change I sift through is Canadian.

I know I have plenty of the non-magnetic late dates - the 2011 and 2012 are rather hard to find in steel though, for some curious reason. I know I must have some of the late 1920s and early 30s from circulation finds too - the problem is I put them all in rolls - I usually don't find enough GV stuff that I roll it on it's own and they end up with GVI rolls and I find tonnes more GVI stuff so I have probably at least 20-25 rolls of them from roll searches. I have boxes of 50s rolls of the YH stuff.

I get lots of Canadian, probably 5-10% of the change I sift through is Canadian.

I'll up my roll searching on cents and see if maybe I'll get lucky, especially on the recent issues. Thanks for the help, it's what I really need to do on these coins. The nickels too. (In fact I'm in need of a few Jeffersons for some extra folders I'm putting together so roll searching - here I come.)

I have many thousands of Jeffersons - but like I said in another thread - I dumped all the 1950s P and D into a coin machine last fall. Kept the S mints though.

I keep all the Jeffersons that I get in change. I know that the likelyhood of increased value is small but I like to do it. Maybe someday I'll dump them all and spend the money to buy a nice hard to find large cent or IHC or some such thing.

I'll keep searching rolls and such. Perhaps there will be some at the next coin club meeting. There's a fellow who sometimes sells bags of Canadian coins in the show auction.

Have the late dates in non-mag, and I will have to check the mag bag for the ones that might be in there. I save up all the magnetic ones that I cannot otherwise spend or get rid of and sell them to family that travels to Canada.

Not a bad idea. We have quite a few Canadians who attend the coin club meetings during the winter and then head back to Canada in the spring. From what I've observed they usually sell whatever Canadian coins they bring with them to folks here rather than the other way around. A few of them do load up on the US moderns and certain certified series and take them back for resale.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...