CoinPeople.com

Show And Tell

alexbq2

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 3 years ago I sold my A1 5 kopeks in WWCC auction. So now possibly you have one of IgorS' coins. :) Had a pretty good run - only 3 toughest mules missing (1805, 1809, and the newly discovered 1810). Kept one. Could not part.

http://omnicoin.com/viewcoin/1031603

I forgot how to add URL of the image to posts. Help!

This engine certainly does not make working with images easy, at least for me :(

extant4cell,Thank you! I did the copy, but was trying to use the Link icon in the message editor (the one next to Insert/Remove Numbering List).

Turned out to be simpler than I thought. Which is good for a change.

I need to make a better picture of this coin too. The old scan does not do it justice. This coin is not from the ground, like many are today.

About 3 years ago I sold my A1 5 kopeks in WWCC auction. So now possibly you have one of IgorS' coins. :) Had a pretty good run - only 3 toughest mules missing (1805, 1809, and the newly discovered 1810). Kept one. Could not part.

http://omnicoin.com/viewcoin/1031603

I forgot how to add URL of the image to posts. Help!

This engine certainly does not make working with images easy, at least for me :(

I didn't know you collected copper! I thought you were into crown sized silver and medals. Do you recall how much you sold it for? I picked it up for $250 + shipping.

I didn't know you collected copper! I thought you were into crown sized silver and medals. Do you recall how much you sold it for? I picked it up for $250 + shipping.

Oh yes, I was a copper collector. Now I am pursuing only one series - A1 minors from 1802-1810. Getting there.

From the other series I just kept some favorites from Peter I to Paul I.

I will check on the 5 kopeks KM tonight. Might not be mine.

Oh yes, I was a copper collector. Now I am pursuing only one series - A1 minors from 1802-1810. Getting there.

From the other series I just kept some favorites from Peter I to Paul I.

I will check on the 5 kopeks KM tonight. Might not be mine.

Enviable! My strategy involves limiting myself from collecting everything, I cannot even fathom having a narrow focus. For the A1 minors do you mean only the 10/25/50 kopeck pieces? That's very ambitious!

Enviable! My strategy involves limiting myself from collecting everything, I cannot even fathom having a narrow focus. For the A1 minors do you mean only the 10/25/50 kopeck pieces? That's very ambitious!

In the beginning I collected EVERYTHING in Imperial numismatics, now I figured out what I am really interested in.

Sorry to mislead you, I meant minor coppers of A1 - 2 kopeks and less. I probably used a wrong term. It is tougher than silver, if you ask me.

Checked my 1808 KM 5 kopeks. It is different from yours. I acquired it in 2000 from Gorny 103 auction. Lot 2237. I paid $225. It sold in WWCC in 2011 for 175 :(

I think this 5 kopek series lost its appeal, since too many of these coins were dug out in Russia in the past 10 years or so.