CoinPeople.com

few hammered bits need proper identification

ScottO

1024293.jpg

This would appear to be Lancastrian or very early Tudor with the crown placed above the shield - that may be your best shot at identification is finding a type with the crown above the shield like that.

1024292.jpg

This would appear to be Henry II - John, I think I see the lettres R I C on the obverse of the piece - and it is a short cross coin meaning it was struck prior to Henry III. Coins were struck in the name of Henry even through the reigns of Richard I and King John.

1024291.jpg

This one is definitely Edward I based on the style of the hair on the obverse. I wish there was a way to digitally "bend" the coin so I could see the complete reverse legend - in the upper right quadrant I can make out what looks like C A V.

1024282.jpg

This one is a challenge - most of the obverse is gone. The one identifying marker is what appears to be a lettre B - which would be the end of the legend EDW R ANGL DNS HYB - I copied and pasted the image into my photo editor and rotated it about 270 degrees and can distinguish the first characters of Edwards name. Unfortunately the facial markers are indistinquishable on this coin - then you just have to go with most likely - that it is Edward I. It is minted in CIVITAS CANTOR though.

what is the . before TOR?

and the top 1, I have tried this but cant find anything on it I wasn't aware of any Tudor coins with a small crown above it, was loooking more to Europe for that one.

1024180.jpg

and this thing?

CAN + TOR

Last one looks like some 15th century billon or bronze from the continent.

1024292.jpg

This would appear to be Henry II - John, I think I see the lettres R I C on the obverse of the piece - and it is a short cross coin meaning it was struck prior to Henry III. Coins were struck in the name of Henry even through the reigns of Richard I and King John.

This could be any of Henry II, Richard, John or Henry III as all minted shortcross pennies in the name of Henry. Portrait looks more like a John. Can't read mint from photograph.

cheers guys, pain in the backside hammered, but a i got a bulk lot so a fair few in mixed grades, surprised by what is there.

1024313.jpg

I think it is a Henry

1024314.jpg

Edward I, been pondering this for some time, trying to work stuff out from letter reminants and came to Berwick? possible?

1024322.jpg

double checking there are no other coins other then Edward IV york issues with the key next to bust

1024359.jpg

shortcross from when?