CoinPeople.com

Another great days pick up at the LCS

Went to the LCS with the national rep Abbots, to pick up a holiday silver round for the grandbaby's 1st Christmas I will post a photo of the round tomorrow. I asked the one guy if they had any tokens he said they had two. these are the two couldn't pass either of them up.
IMG_0945-horz.jpg
A real store card and it is from Michigan to boot. I have looked it up in Cunningham book yet.
IMG_0943-horz.jpg
This was the other one, it is a small town very close to the one I live in and a nice find. And another so called half dollar.
IMG_0947-horz.jpg
They have a copper token made up very year and they give them out. This is the 2013 version. I have posted others I have picked up before.
Turned out to be a great day, despite the world and life trying to crap om me today!

Clarkston is still not a very big place in Oakland county. CWT's are so fascinating, I have one I bought last year from the finder who dug it up in a church garden where it must have been laying for the last nearly 150 years. It is from a village that was absorbed by a larger locale later in 19th century.

I like the 2 coppers as well they have nice classic designs but I'm pretty sure the second copper is supposed to be brittania not liberty.

From the lettering around the obverse I think it is a copy of an English replacement penny token

Clarkston is still not a very big place in Oakland county. CWT's are so fascinating, I have one I bought last year from the finder who dug it up in a church garden where it must have been laying for the last nearly 150 years. It is from a village that was absorbed by a larger locale later in 19th century.

Now just a northern sub of Detroit!