CoinPeople.com

Spain: coin shops there

one-kuna

Can someone recommend any coin shops in Spain ?

May be numismatic firms with store fronts ?

Seems you undervalue Google :) ... or just too lazy to type in it's search line.

The top result after entering "coin shops in madrid" is:

"Stamp & coin market

On Sunday mornings, an avid mass of stamp and coin collectors swarm over the Plaza Mayor, buying, selling and eyeing up each others' wares. This also acts as a Sunday-morning attraction for anyone out on a stroll in town, whether or not they are really bothered about tarnished old pesetas, stamps of all nations and 19th-century share certificates. Other traders sell old magazines, second-hand books, postcards, badges and ex-Soviet bloc military regalia. You can even get phonecards nowadays, along with just about anything else that someone, somewhere, considers collectable".

Address Plaza Mayor,Los Austrias

Area Madrid

Transport Metro Sol.

Open approx 9am-2pm Sun.

most americans are lazy so am i, thank you anyway;

if i need to go to .. let say Tula, does Google show any coin places in Russia ?

I was in Madrid couple month ago .Around one old Plaza,possible Plaza Mayor about 10+ small coin shops primary selling numismatic supply,Spanish and colonial coins.Possible you will find couple 5 kopecks of Catherine II. No Russian coins!

If you have time I'm highly recommend go to Toledo , about 30 minutes by train from Madrid railroad station.

most americans are lazy so am i, thank you anyway;

if i need to go to .. let say Tula, does Google show any coin places in Russia ?

Tula is not a capital or worldwide-known centre as Madrid, so it's better to use local (Russian language) search engine, as yandex.ru , for example. If you enter "монеты в туле" in Yandex search line - you will get a link to coins shop(s) in Tula pretty easy...

Or you can use specialized web-site about "numismatic places" worldwide ("1504 places in 564 cities of 114 countries")/

And in many cases you will find not just addresses but descriptions and references of many shops, fairs, clubs, etc.

(They have one address in Tula as well, by the way)

Are you just sending one-kuna for a trip that you couldn't made, or is there something numismatically interesting in Toledo? ;)

Some times you go to restaurant for 2-3 hours spending 30-60 Euros,the same time you can go to Toledo for for 5 hours and spend 20-40 Euros.It is just my recommendation.

Toledo is city with great history ,one of the greatest city in Europe.Possible only one European city were lived together Christians, Jews and Muslims in 10th-12th century.