CoinPeople.com

Lag on Classic Skin?

Anyone else having issues with the classic coinpeople skin?

All the top images wont load.... the little arrows on new posts come up... but not the blue lights. The Smilies are there right now, but nothing up top.

-Bobby

Anyone else having issues with the classic coinpeople skin?

All the top images wont load.... the little arrows on new posts come up... but not the blue lights. The Smilies are there right now, but nothing up top.

-Bobby

Yes, I get the same problem. I'll ask Stujoe to move the images to this server.

The power outages in LA have apparently knocked my servers out (stujoe.com, etc) and that is where the images for the retro skin are stored. My host is working on the issue.

I am not having such problems. However, yesterday and today while signed in: when I clicked on a certain forum link I would get thrown out of the site and would have to log in again.

Once it comes back up, you can copy them and upload them to the CP server. You will just need to change the locations in the template too.

I can zip them up too and email them to you but I am not sure all of them are in the same directory. I think they are but am not positive. But, saving them from CP after the power gets restored should better catch them all. There's not that many. The logos at the top and the topic indicators (blue light specials :ninja: ) and probably a couple more.

It is rather annoying! Lots of red-X's but I still refuse to change skins. :ninja:

I just checked my host and they said power seems to be coming back up and the servers are starting to respond. Hopefully, it will be back up in a bit.

ahhh, I thought it may have had something to do with the outage... Man did that suck... glad it happened right before I got off work :ninja:

Anyways I thought it was odd that just some of the images were not loading and everything else was smooth... Them being on Stus server makes perfect sense.

Thanks for the answers guys,

-Bobby

I'll ask this whilst we're sorting stuff out. I've noticed a small thing with the default skin (which is the one i'm using). All the lights stay lit up even after you've read something!

I believe that is an issue that is not skin dependant. I get around it by marking forums read.

I believe that is an issue that is not skin dependant. I get around it by marking forums read.

That has seldom worked for me. The blue lights still stay lit. Some days the blue forum lights will turn off after I have read the threads, other times the lights stay on. I have yet to decipher a pattern as to why it does this. :ninja:

I have noticed this....

If I read a post in the auction forum and then click straight back to the home page.... the Ad forum light is still on... then the auction forum light is on... then I click and there are no new posts...

BUT...

If I read the same thread and then click into the auction forum... then back to the ad forum... then the home page... all the lights are out. Its as if you have to go to each page so that page knows there is no more posts.

I hope that made sense.

-Bobby

I have noticed this....

BUT...

If I read the same thread and then click into the auction forum... then back to the ad forum... then the home page... all the lights are out. Its as if you have to go to each page so that page knows there is no more posts.

I hope that made sense.

-Bobby

Yes, I have noticed this too. By clicking on each link backward towards the main page the lights often go out. However, this too does not always work. In fact this session right now is one of those times where all the forum lights stay on (thread lights do turn off).

I have noticed what bobby refers to also. But, like Sir, it sometimes doesn't work for me.

I don't recall the forum lights ever not turning off for me after I mark a forum read, though. The Mark Forum Read only works for that forum, though, and not any subforums that may have posts.

Strange indeed.

Mind you this could be a good thing. On the old forum i used to have the other problem. I'd open the page, my computer would have a spasm and crash or do something stupid and i'd have to reopen the page again and all the lights were off. Then i had to try and see what had been posted and what i'd missed. That was infuriating.

This with the lights staying on isn't half as bad, but it did have me puzzelled. Glad i'm not the only one having this technical glitch.

Archived