CoinPeople.com

Cartwheel Advertising Token.

DSCF2403-horz.jpg

Modern reproducion Pattern Cartwheel Penny in Golden Alloy. Based on contemporary specifications, of the historic 1797 'Cartwheel' penny, originally manufactured in Birmingham in the UK by Matthew Boulton.
These medallic coins were produced in November 2000 very near to the original Soho Factory, by a local Mint in Birmingham, adhering to the high standards and exact engraving and minting methods practised by Boulton.
Donald R. Golder, a renowned British sculptor cut new dies based on the Boulton originals.
The initials D.R.G replace the original C.H.K. (C.H. Kuchler) on the King's shoulder, and the reverse reads 'COLIN COOKE & NEIL PAISLEY NUMISMATISTS'.

I do not usually buy repros but made an exception for this, as it is clearly a numismatic advertising token which means it cannot be passed off as the genuine article.

It's pretty neat. I have a few advertising tokens from various ANA and FUN shows that are Large Cent designs on one side and an ad on the other. I like them.