CoinPeople.com

COPPER COPPER COPPER

rsraghead

I have two, unfortunantly both holed, but I love them anyway

Because of the neat design and size I think a lot of these were used for jewelry. Appears that it may have been coated with a gold or bright bronze finish at one time.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It used to be common to find bracelets of coins at the bigger coin shows. Haven't really looked in quite some time so I don't know if it is still so.

I've had the coin for a number of years but just added the picture to flickr yesterday. I'll check to see it it's in omnicoin later today.

9081156276_c179823418_c.jpg

9078940467_b3d9ced898_c.jpg

That large cent is very nice Art

Thanks. It's a nice coin. It's been cleaned and recolored - I believe. There are still a few traces of verdigris in amongst the leaves. But a very pleasing coin and many many large cents have been cleaned/recolored, etc. over the years.

Man, I love stalking threads like this. Haha. How ya'll doing? :)

Once I figure out to post from my phone I'll add something.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that pattern, I was unaware of that one. Looks very high relief on the eagle (though it could be the photography).

It does seem like every change to the small cent makes itg worse. I like the flyer, the indian head is OK, and the lincoln cents have gotten progressively worse. (What's this kid's drawing of a shield all about?)

Is that a large cent or a small cent?

I'm pretty sure that was a large cent version of the flying eagle before the size reduction. I like the flying eagle but I'd loved to have seen a small version of the large cent reverse. It would be a very tight and clean design compared to the commerce style they went with.

These are wonderful. I don't have a 1/4 cent in my collection and only one of the square cents. Terrific pickups.