CoinPeople.com

What Kind of Coin Attracts You?

Bambooski

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite coins are coins with a classic design, with e.g. a portrait of a ruler at one side and a nice coat of arms at the other side. Preferrable in a larger size, say 30 mm diamter and larger. A gothic florin is a very good example of what I mean:

912587.jpg

912626.jpg

Or actually most larger pre decimal UK coins and coins from other countries from that era.

My favorite coins are coins with a classic design, with e.g. a portrait of a ruler at one side and a nice coat of arms at the other side. Preferrable in a larger size, say 30 mm diamter and larger. A gothic florin is a very good example of what I mean:

912587.jpg

912626.jpg

Or actually most larger pre decimal UK coins and coins from other countries from that era.

Florin are beautiful coins. Have a few myself and thoroughly enjoy them.

I've got a few 1 pfennig coins in my collection. They are quite nice. Looks like a good example you've got there.

Historical stories and those with artisitic merit, or are symbolic of the art of the era.A favourite example of the first would be the 1797 English copper penny and twopence as examples of the Industrial Revolution's effects (reduced mintage cost permitting large size well made coins)And for the second one, the French sower types of the late 1800s-WWI as an example of Art Nouveau, and the English 3d, 6d and crown of 1926-36 as an example of Art Deco.

Are you talking about my avatar? :D

My absolute favorite coins are the US Indian Head Cents.

6785990870_752fbd599f_z.jpg

This roll is my favorite!!!!!

Every penny in it has feathers :woot_jump:

Great treasures await. When are you going to open it?

Great treasures await. When are you going to open it?

Wow... I am in awe. I don't think this emoticon :woot_jump: does it justice. You'll have to add in about 100 more 'woot jumps'

Actualy I'm going thru that roll between postings today. Seems to be a few culls but most VG or better :bgreen:

Will be pics tommorow.

My wife got it for me when she stopped at the flea market yesterday, but she won't tell me what she paid :swoon:

If any one of those feathers is on a flying eagle, I will need a new smilie to express my reaction.

If I had to choose a favorite cent design, it would be the Flying Eagle.

Hm, there's a thought I hadn't entertained before, my favorite designs for each denomination... I'll go with:

Cent: Flying Eagle, hands down.

Nickel: I'm torn between the Shield and Classic Jefferson nickels. I really don't like the current portrait; I liked the 'peekaboo' design between the original and the current, though. They should've stuck with that.

Dime: Another hard choice; it's either the Capped Bust or the 'Mercury'

Quarter: Seated Lib

Half: Walker, no question

Dollar: Another not-easy call because I'm not really a fan of either the Morgan or Peace dollars (to say nothing of the Ikes and small dollars). Draped Bust or Trade, though I do like the Statue of Liberty reverse on the modern presidentials.