CoinPeople.com

What you've found in rolls

Bambooski

I got four penny rolls today, and it yielded the most pathetic results. 3 Canadian pennies (At least one was 1965) and a brown dime from 2005.

My best find was a 1944 D, 1953, 1956 and a 1959 (first lincoln memorial reverse year) and two 'S' mint marks in one roll.

I'm fairly new to roll searching so I am still looking for more impressive finds. If anyone has any tips of getting older rolls, please let me know! ;)

Feel free to share your latest/most impressive roll finds :)

Today was fantastic. I went through 11 penny rolls and this is what I got: 1944, 1949, 1956, 1959, a lot of uncirculated ones from 1960 onwards, 3 Canadian pennies, a really weird possible error coin which I will post later (it was so deformed I don't even know how it fit in the roll!) plus I found a 1957 quarter on the ground next to a CoinStar, and a random quarter on the ground :P I save up all the money I find on the ground, I started a few weeks ago and I am at 1.44

Today was ok. I went through 11 penny rolls, only 1942 and 1948 wheats. Only one Canadian cent. I filled in a few slots in my nickel folder with a roll of nickels, and found my first New Mexico National Park quarter in one roll. But my best finding, I went through two dimes rolls and I got a silver 1963! That’s my second silver dime, 1948 and 1964. By the way, I have searched only about 110 dimes.

Here are a couple that came out of some rolls

IMG_0241.JPG

IMG_0242.JPG

was in a roll of cents 1950's coin

IMG_0245.JPG

IMG_0246.JPG

This was a Canadian cent 1957 cut down and in a roll of dimes. I wonder if it has been in circulation that long since the patina is even looking over the whole coin.

Well they both will be retired from their traveling days now!

• 2 weeks later...

I think my good luck may have returned (I seem to have much better luck with CWR)

I was really near the bank, so I thought, what the heck. I'll go get a dollar's worth of penny rolls (2 rolls.) I was feeling lucky.

It seems that I really was lucky. In each roll I found two wheat pennies, one of which filled in a spot in my Whitman folder.

My good luck is back!

:rockon:

I think my good luck may have returned (I seem to have much better luck with CWR)

I was really near the bank, so I thought, what the heck. I'll go get a dollar's worth of penny rolls (2 rolls.) I was feeling lucky.

It seems that I really was lucky. In each roll I found two wheat pennies, one of which filled in a spot in my Whitman folder.

My good luck is back!

:rockon:

Glad your good luck has returned. :bthumbsup:

Today was good! I got 5 penny rolls, yielding one wheat (1947) and two Canadians (one was an ender!) Two nickel rolls got me a 1941 and a 1954. Nothing in 3 dime rolls, nothing in my quarter roll. The lovely teller spent ages looking for rolls with old looking coins on the end, and then she handed me a popsicle (it was boiling today, as everyone knows.) What a lovely teller. J