CoinPeople.com

Tips on Finding Coins in Circulation

Bambooski

I don't buy coins, I have a strict rule about finding everything in circulation. It may seem like a dumb question, but does anyone have any tips for finding things in circulation? I search rolls, by the way.

Get in good with your banks and credit unions tellers. Bribe them with boxes of candy, game and theatre tickets, McDo's gift cards. I do it on a regular basis, sort of like a rewards programme. It would amaze you how much good stuff is out there, and when you have 60-70 tellers in different banks and credit unions looking for things for you it works out pretty well - and profitably too I might add.

Just today cashing in dimes and nickels from CRH I got a Series 1934 LGS(light green seal) $20 from the first printing that had come in through a deposit. A couple of months ago got $475 in $5 bills that were saved up to 1948, includes red, green, blue, brown and gold seals from the varying issues that circulated during that time. That haul was a jackpot, and really the teller that got them for me had no idea how much they were worth - but she appreciated the gift card to Babies R Us, she is expecting.

If you ever go to a small town for visiting you should check your pocket change and/or search rolls there. I have found older, smaller or more secluded towns have more older coins. They do not have as many collectors that look through there change. This means that there is a more concentrated old and rare coins in circulation there.

If you ever go to a small town for visiting you should check your pocket change and/or search rolls there. I have found older, smaller or more secluded towns have more older coins. They do not have as many collectors that look through there change. This means that there is a more concentrated old and rare coins in circulation there.

Check the little small town banks too, I have done that and ended up with original 1970s rolls of Ikes in BU. Also got a Series 1966-A $100 in one of these banks.