CoinPeople.com

Some interesting world coins

gxseries

Been veering off my usual hunt as some of the coins that I've been looking out for are getting a bit too expensive.

First up is Argentina 2 centavos. I like the color of it

1019014.jpg

Second is Uzbekistan 1999 10 som. Seems to be unusually difficult coin to find. Think Uzbekistan's 1 som has been voted to be the world's most worthless circulating coin.

1019013.jpg

Third is an interesting pattern coin from Poland.

1019012.jpg

Lastly a set of tokens from Tatarstan. These come in three, one bread token and two petroleum tokens, struck in copper and nickel-copper.

1019017.jpg

Hope you find them interesting. I'm sure you have recently accquired some awesome coins too - please feel free to show them!

I get the same way going through the foreigns bin at my LCS -- "oo, neat!" is a subset of my collection. I've been taken with Polish coin design for years -- some of the most dramatic coin designs were minted during the People's Republic years. The Skłodowska-Curie centenary 10 złoty comes to mind, for example. That FAO piece is one I definitely have not seen before!