CoinPeople.com

Novice looking for help with 4 bank notes.

rrobertscv61

Hello all, I am a WWII collector and people I work with will bring me items either from the war or dated close to the war. A co-worker brought me these, the only one I know anything about is the French invasion script. I like to label things in my collection, can someone tell me about the other 3 notes, I am curios about value, but it is not a big deal because I don't sell items people donate to my collection. I hope this is the correct place to post these. Thanks in advance for the help.

001-3_zps230e15f8.jpg

002-2_zps86c62b47.jpg

The Japanese 10 yen note and the Dutch 1 guilder are both pretty common notes of the era, IIRC - I see way more of the Dutch notes than I do of the Allied French notes, which were actually redeemable until the euro changeover.

I am off on Monday and unless my wife has other plans for me I will look up all five notes and give you catalog numbers and relative values.

All of them look to grade VF or lower and off the top of my head I would say they are all worth no more than a few dollars each.

Here's one from my old Netherlands collection.....

p65-2.jpg

Notice the radar serial # ?

I am off on Monday and unless my wife has other plans for me I will look up all five notes and give you catalog numbers and relative values.

All of them look to grade VF or lower and off the top of my head I would say they are all worth no more than a few dollars each.

Here's one from my old Netherlands collection.....

p65-2.jpg

Notice the radar serial # ?

Thanks, see I have already learned something. I had no idea what a radar serial # was, I do now, I googled it!

In columns from left to right:

Belgian Congo P-13Ad - VFnet condition (small stain) - Value is somewhere between $75 and $85.

France P-116a - VF-XF condition - $1.50

Cuba P-69b or d (I can't tell if the date is 1936, 1938 or something else) - VG condition at best - Value is dependent on that date. If it's 1936, the value is $35 - $50. If it's 1938 value is somewhere around $20.

Japan P-77a - VG condition, maybe F net due to the staining - Value is very high in the catalog - these can be had much lower, but the catalog value is $25. Not a rare note at all.

Finally, Netherlands P-64 - VG condition and value not much more than $1.

Hope that helps. Again, I gave you catalog values. The catalog is increasingly inaccurate and I would say that the Japan and Cuba notes can be had much lower. The Belgian Congo value is pretty accurate.