CoinPeople.com

NY Coin Show

BKB

This was by far the weakest coin show since the 1990's. At least, it is my opinion.Same goes for the auctions. Normally I can find something interesting. This time, I was forced to buy a siberian 5 kop, not to go home empty-handed from the show. (And, I do not collect siberian series...) I did get a nice coin at the auction... Wonder what the other members who went, and who I did not talk to about it, think... Is this a trend -- fun coins are disappearing from the market? Maybe the owners/dealers are waiting for 2005-2009 prices to return? What is your opinion?

P.S. For those who do not care, to make viewing of this post not a complete waste of time, here is the Siberian 5 kop.

1778 5 kop copy.jpg

Very pretty 5 kopeeks. I have to confess that I had the same experience as Eugene. I put a cople of bids through Sixbid, but did not get any confirmation from Baldwin. I could have followed up, but if Markov/Baldwin can't be bothered to process Sixbid offers, I don't see why I should be bothered with giving them my money.

i hope someone from our forum won a tympf 1708 wholed ended on ebay and made a better day today than the whole new york convention show and its auctions; $1252 was the ultimate price

Not me, but here's the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281046587385

Does everyone like it? I have some abstract doubts.

Not a bad price! I am sorry, but although I have some holed coins, I don't especially like them, however rare they may be... No opinion on this one...

I did not do well either, since I was not bidding on anything in auctions and did not find anything on the floor. There were a few good copper medals on the floor - Peter II coronation, one by Schultz and one by Jeger, in copper. The first one was offered for $4200 and the second one for $3800. A little crazy, if you ask me. My guess is that dealer did not really want to sell them.