CoinPeople.com

Coin of unknown origin

MissyJ1

I have some coins that my mother left a long time ago. One of them has, what looks like, arabic writing on it?? I have no clue, I'm not a linguist!! The only recognizable thing on the coin is the number "10". I am including photos and would really appreciate some help with this. Thanks so much!!

Unknown Coin1.jpg

Unknown Coin.jpg

Thank you so much. I have been losing my mind trying to get information on this. Also, I am wondering if the rainbow coloring on pennies is a good thing or does it do nothing for the value. I am attaching a picture of one such penny that is particularly rainbowed, or whatever it is called! Thanks again so much for the information on the above coin. Maybe now I can quit chain "vaping"!!!!!

IMG_4453.JPG

IMG_4454.JPG

IMG_4455.JPG

IMG_4457.JPG

The issue of Price and Rainbow Tone is one for another thread...I wouldn't pay more for one but I know some would,,,if the coin is also otherwise valuable, it might fetch a slightly higher price..rainbow tone on a common penny or one in poor shape wouldn't fetch more than 1 cent I would think.

• 2 weeks later...

The issue of Price and Rainbow Tone is one for another thread...I wouldn't pay more for one but I know some would,,,if the coin is also otherwise valuable, it might fetch a slightly higher price..rainbow tone on a common penny or one in poor shape wouldn't fetch more than 1 cent I would think.

Toning can be more worth, but usually for only silver coins and many people will pay because of how nicely looking it is. And also it can help assure that the coin is old and authentic.