CoinPeople.com

Malaysia 1982 Parliment house 50 sen coin with unusual letter R and F on lettering edge?Help please

I have discovered another piece of Malaysia 1982 Parliment house 50 sen coin with unusual letter R and F on lettering edge there.The letter R has replaced the B in one of the BANK as RANK and the letter F has replaced the E in one of the NEGARA as NFGARA on lettering edge there.I can see it as RANK NFGARA MALAYSIA and the other one is BANK NEGARA MALAYSIA on the lettering edge there.Honestly,I would think this is something unusual because I have never seen anything like this before as a coin collector for so many years and not sure what happened to the lettering edge there during the processing period.

I would like to get help from the experts to identify for what happened to this two letters on the lettering edge there.I need your personal opinion and explanation on this piece.I would like to know if thing like this is common or rare happened on any other foreign coins and tell me it has special value or not.I would think it is very interesting to me.I do always apprieiciate your help very much as usual.Please refer to the scans below and let me know what you think.Thank you

388.jpg

392.jpg

391.jpg

• 3 months later...