CoinPeople.com

Rare coins 1 Gulden and 2,5 Gulden 1980 with Z mark

raasmund

Hi,

I wonder where the best place to sell these rare coins are. They are in a white box but the last coin is missing. What can i expect of the price? Any who have ideas?

Best Regards

raasmund from Norway

See picture:

Forgot to say that it is only 157 exemplares of each coin. If any have some more information of these coins i appreciate if you answer.

The "z" is actually a mark to signify silver. You are right about only 157 of them being made and they came in a set. According to the NG Coin website, the Gulden is worth US$2,250 in uncirculated condition and the 2 1/2 Gulden is worth US$1,800 uncirculated. Of course the real value is whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

The "z" is actually a mark to signify silver. You are right about only 157 of them being made and they came in a set. According to the NG Coin website, the Gulden is worth US$2,250 in uncirculated condition and the 2 1/2 Gulden is worth US$1,800 uncirculated. Of course the real value is whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

Thank you for the reply, Where are my best chances to sell this items? Do you have a link to the NG coin website? Are there big differents of the catalog price from catalog to catalog? What is the most reliable sources? I have heard so much different of the price estimate for this but as you also saying the market decide the real value. Where do you guys recomend me to sell the coins?

Best Regards

raasmund

http://www.ngccoin.com/poplookup/World-Coin-Price-Guide.aspx

The price guides do tend to vary but generally stay within similar ranges on the price. I am more of a buyer than a seller of coins but it does depend on where you are intending to sell your coin. I know here in the United States and in Britain among other places www.ebay.com is a good start... from personal experience in seeing coins sold the ones that do the best (sell for the most) are the ones that have good photographs and demonstrate a proper amount of research on the coin so that collectors who look for certain things in coins (such as silver, the Netherlands, rare modern coins, etc.) will be able to find them in a search. A descriptive title helps too. I am sure there are a number of other more experienced collectors on this site who have experience selling who might help.

http://www.ngccoin.c...rice-Guide.aspx

The price guides do tend to vary but generally stay within similar ranges on the price. I am more of a buyer than a seller of coins but it does depend on where you are intending to sell your coin. I know here in the United States and in Britain among other places www.ebay.com is a good start... from personal experience in seeing coins sold the ones that do the best (sell for the most) are the ones that have good photographs and demonstrate a proper amount of research on the coin so that collectors who look for certain things in coins (such as silver, the Netherlands, rare modern coins, etc.) will be able to find them in a search. A descriptive title helps too. I am sure there are a number of other more experienced collectors on this site who have experience selling who might help.

Thank you for your reply :) I have been thinking about ebay and thats still up for consideration.