CoinPeople.com

1762 10 Kopeks

extant4cell

Can I ask you to help me to value this 1762 10 kop coin please? It's a private sale. I am interested to get it, but don't want to overpay. It seams to be in a reasonably good condition. If you have one to offer, please send me PM.

Thank you.

At the risk of catching sht for being negative :bgreen: , I do not buy overstruck coins anymore -- they are just too damn easy to fake. Provided this thing is original -- $1200 would prob. be a good price to sell it. I would not be surprised if it went for $1,500, given the fact that a nice collectable example (XF+) would be well over $5,000.

I, personally, would not like to pay more than $500 -600 for it (if original), but everyone knows I am a cheap bastard. :bwink: My reasoning would be -- this is not a nice enough coin to be proud of, as a part of my collection. But, at a certain price it could plug a hole untill I find a collectable example. Then, the price should be low enough, that I would be able to unload it easy. If you pay $1,200 for it, it will not be easy to unload it fast.

Hi, to me the coin looks convincing :yes: Sure it is a common variant (Bitkin 19) but it is overall well struck, host coin well visible, nice color, very close to be a pleasant coin. The grade is not a low at all - but low enough to not be fake. To be safe, take it in the hand, watch the edge, too. At the time being it is well worth $1000 and I don't see why prices should go down. The coin is not too rare but it is popular and in demand. This one is well over average.

Sigi

-

Thank you every one! I bought from this seller previously and he is trustworthy. I am happy with pictures, it looks authentic and I am happy with overall look. I guess bills will have to wait a little, I like it too much to let it slip. Giving our history the seller agreed to drop the price a bit, still it bites over $1000, but reasonable, I think, and as you confirm. ;) Thank you, I'll be buying it... :yes:

Well, I just paid $1075, and the previous posts make me feel happy with this price. I am not in a hurry to resell any (or many) of my coins and will add this one to my collection next to 4 kopeks that I am waiting to arrive any day now. ;) I understand that it will probably be challenging to sell it for that price right now, and I know it is a common coin of this strike succession, but I am not after the series of coin strike (yet... one day - one day!...), just trying to collect characteristic representatives of each of circulatory coin strikes in more or less presentable conditions. If that makes sense. I am happy with a common variant for now. I am a collector, not so much a seller, but wouldn't mind to sell some-bodies' collections on eBay for them to raise money for my own collection. :yes: Sell only doubles of my coins if I find a better one and if I am not close to collecting that succession by pure chance.

Josh, if you bid you get the PR with your letter saying you did/did not win. If you didn't bid you can get a PR from a friend. I believe I have all them now, thanks to other friends who send me copies when I don't participate. email me if you need something.

:art:

It's always the case, as everyone wants a coin on the cover. It is a big natural buster. But if you would be impartial, I would say that the coins worth the money:

1762 10 kop 3 variants of - including mine.jpg

My coin (yet to be received) would be the bottom feeder... ;) and a more common variant...