CoinPeople.com

Popular Coin/Note Idol 2012

thedeadpoint

Popular Coin/Note Idol 2012  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in a PCNI contest this year?

• Yes
    • No
    • What is PCNI?
  2. 2. Do you want to do a contest themed around holidays?

• Yes
    • No (suggest alternative)
  3. 3. Can you help organize/run the contest?

• Yes, sign me up!
    • Not this year

Hello CoinPeople!

It's been a while since we've done a Popular Coin Idol or a Popular Note Idol. For those of you who have never participated, it's basically a head-to-head tournament to choose a coin or a note that is best looking, rarest, funniest, etc. Sometimes the contests are straight-up best-looking coin. Sometimes they are themed around metals, ugly coins, even Super Bowl contenders.

How about we have a contest this year themed around holidays? The holiday seasons are coming up and we can celebrate the many holidays around the world on coins and notes and medals.

What counts as a holiday? Well - Independence Days, Christmas, birthdays, Halloween, Yom Kippur, May Day, etc

If you like that idea, I'll need help from several people to organize the contest. I need people to help organize the brackets, make posts, etc. Please let me know if you can help to some degree. It'll make the contest go so much better.

I assume by holiday themes you mean an additional category within the usual categories by year/country/composition/whatever? Otherwise I will be coming up with some seriously chopped -- nay, diced and minced -- logic to get my coins to fit *some* sort of holiday. :D

("This nickel? It's for, uh... Presidents Day! And so is this dime! And this penny! And this farthing was issued to celebrate 37 years on the throne! And these are for... uh... International Pocket Change Day!")