CoinPeople.com

identification

Jazinta

Palestine doesn't issue any currency. I don't know the history too well, but I think after the British left, they likely stopped having their own currency and the Israeli currency came into being. Today the official currency in Palestine is the Israeli Shekel or the New Shekel. Recently, in the last couple of years Palestine has been seriously thinking about resurrecting the Palestinian Pound, but nothing has materialized yet.

In the Gaza they used the Egyptian pound until 1967, in the West Bank they used the Jordanian Dinar. There are so many political ramifications, but the main problem is that the Palestinians are too busy fighting the Palestinians ie Fatah vs. Hamas to make anything possible. But there is some mint in Europe that is making "Palestinian" dinar coins for collectors - they are on eBay all the time. Those coins have no official sanction though.

In the Gaza they used the Egyptian pound until 1967, in the West Bank they used the Jordanian Dinar. There are so many political ramifications, but the main problem is that the Palestinians are too busy fighting the Palestinians ie Fatah vs. Hamas to make anything possible. But there is some mint in Europe that is making "Palestinian" dinar coins for collectors - they are on eBay all the time. Those coins have no official sanction though.

Is it like the Somaliland Titanic coin or the Motorcycle coins?

This is the picture, but when I scanned it changed the colors to more rosy.

Nagorno karabah is an Azerbaigian's region that declared its independence, sice it's inhabited by Armenia population. In 1988 (before USSR's collapse) a non-declared war brokeout inside USSR boundaries, between Armenia and Azerbaigian forces. Now, Nagorno Karabah is an autonomous region (even if it is part of Azerbaigian) with its own currency, but this note is queite a different matter.

These Nagorno-Karabakh notes were produced by a clever dealer to make some money...the Armenian government launched a protest and I heard that this dealer is no longer allowed to advertise for them on his website. These "notes" are mere phantasy notes, they were produced only for collectors. In Nagorny-Karabakh only thge normal Armenian money is circulating.

Erwin

Their own coins circulate, anyway

Isle of Man, Jersey and Netherlands Antilles had their own notes also, but none of these 5 declared their independence.

Netherland Antilles coins should have been replaced by new dutch caribbean coins, since this dutch oversea territory split in different territories. Curaçao and Sint Maarten joined a new monetary union, that is still unborn...

These Nagorno-Karabakh notes were produced by a clever dealer to make some money...the Armenian government launched a protest and I heard that this dealer is no longer allowed to advertise for them on his website. These "notes" are mere phantasy notes, they were produced only for collectors. In Nagorny-Karabakh only thge normal Armenian money is circulating.

Erwin

The look isn't real, but they have watermarked paper which is like official notes.

Netherland Antilles coins should have been replaced by new dutch caribbean coins, since this dutch oversea territory split in different territories. Curaçao and Sint martin joined a new monetary union, that is still unborn...

I was talking about the old notes, they had their own money and were not independent. Im's sure that soon they are goning to make their new money, there's an article on wikipedia.