CoinPeople.com

1920 Canadian Penny, irregular size

Redeyeburn

Hi everyone.

I'm new to the forum's and this is my first post, hope it's in the correct area!

I have a fair sized Canadian penny collection, just missing an 1894, and I'm working on the different varieties of the different years.

I have both the large and small 1920, and I came across an odd large 1920 at a junk sale, as you may see in the pictures, the middle coin is slightly smaller diameter than another large 1920 to it's left, it also has a very large raised edge as seen in the last picture.

Any idea's on what I have here as I cannot find one like this listed in any guides or online anywhere?

Thanks.

1920 Penny\'s _1_opt.jpg

1920 Penny\'s _2_opt.jpg

1920 Penny\'s _3_opt.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Interesting! However, In U.S. they are debating for years over whether to abolish the penny, or keep it in existence. The U.S. Mint would like to stop producing them, while coin collectors want to keep the penny in existence. Canadians have been faced with this very same debate themselves. However, Canada has finally come to a decision on whether to keep their penny or not. Canada has officially stopped the circulation of its penny. The move has put a decades-old controversy back on the front-burner in the United States.

• 1 year later...

I now have to put ads out to find people who still have jars of pennies, so they can sell them to me . I pay double face value for every penny. Just bought 4 ($25)boxes off a guy last week. paid him $200 for $100 worth od pennies. :) I love me a good search! :)

I now have to put ads out to find people who still have jars of pennies, so they can sell them to me . I pay double face value for every penny. Just bought 4 ($25)boxes off a guy last week. paid him $200 for $100 worth od pennies. :) I love me a good search! :)

Ha! Very cool!