CoinPeople.com

Really nice double struck silver dollar coin

Hi.

I just picked up this really nice double struck Dollar. I'm not sure if I paid too much, so just wondering what you lot think the value might be? Not that I'm going to sell it, just putting my mind at rest.Thanks, Tom

1963 dollar doubled otherside.jpg

1963 dollar doubled.jpg

At the US mint, when you see 1 coin like that, you most likely see several thousand others. If you're not seeing a double-die listed for that date, I'm assuming it's either INCREDIBLY RARE (and therefore worth thousands) or counterfeit

Definitely needs to be TPG.

Agreed.

At the US mint, when you see 1 coin like that, you most likely see several thousand others. If you're not seeing a double-die listed for that date, I'm assuming it's either INCREDIBLY RARE (and therefore worth thousands) or counterfeit

Errors coming out of the US mint and Canadian mint is like comparing apples to a loaf of bread. The much lower production and much stricter quality control of the RCM means very few major errors get out into circulation.

I've never seen a doublestruck silver dollar like this of a date other than 1967. From the pictures I think it is probably legit, but definitely get it certified as any potential buyer would want its authenticity guaranteed before purchasing it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...