CoinPeople.com

New to coin collecting and having difficulty with this coin?

Hi

I’m quite new to coin collecting and I’m having difficulty identifying a coin I bought in a bag of mixed coins.

It weighs 2.8 grams

Diameter is exactly 1.98cm

Milled edge

Seems to be made of brass like metal

On one side has text. `Victoria Queen of Great Brit:`

Has the head of the young Victoria

But the other side is blank. Is this a fake or a mistake?

Any help understanding what this is would be greatly appreciated.

Please see attached picture.

Kind Regards

Clive

Unknown Coin.jpg

Hello and welcome to CoinPeople. Not my area of expertise but appears to me to be a game token of some kind.

• 1 month later...

Hi, My father in law has left us quite a few interesting coins from his travels etc. from india to south africa and from the war, was wondering what some of them are and if they are quite rare.

1811 Gilbert Gilpin Dawley Shropshire Token A Shilling with a wild boar running left to right.

a couple of George and Victoria double headed pennies which I presume were for magic tricks.

and some Nazi 1941 10 and 5 reichpfenning.

Regards

I'll try get a photo of the one I have up as soon as I can, but unfortunately our camera was left out in a thunder storm, which didn't do it any good and the phone camera doesn't do it any justice at all, but it it is exactly as shown above but a little dirty, any tips on cleaning without damaging it?

Not a great picture, but enough to definitely say, don't clean it! It appears to be problem free. All you can do is ruin it by trying to spiff it up.

Yup, not a good picture at all, need to improve somewhat, was trying out a new digi camera i got and used an editor to stick ithe two images together, the oxidization of the silver has had the effect of making the raised charachters stand out which is good.

• 1 month later...

Congrats on the very nice picture, it just reinforces, don't try & clean it.

Constanius is correct, don't try and clean it or you will lose about half of it's value.