CoinPeople.com

Large silver coin, what is it

Wardydarts

I have a coin which was given to me about 5 years ago it's says, I.H.IVIG STILLING on one side with a bold man with a huge nose on it and on the other side it says heimatliebe pulstim blut eintractacht unser herzensgut with a crown and a weather vain containing an arrow, it also has a small 1000 near the bottom with a dot below it,any ideas please,I have an iPhone but don't know how to put pictures on cheers andy

Johann Heinrich Jung (12 September 1740– 2 April 1817) best known by his assumed name of Heinrich Stilling, was a German author. I think where you have I.H.IVIG STILLING should be I.H.IVNG STILLING with IVNG being Latin for JUNG(as the Romans had no U or J in their alphabet. The German inscription needs breaking up to ' heimat liebe puls im blut eintracht acht unser herzens gut' a google translate = On the front it says "IH Jung / Stilling," around on the back to the "Crown": [outside]: "love of country pulses in the blood / concord our kindhearted [in:] Siegerländer Folk Society".

Bereits 1961 erschien eine Siegerland-Medaille mit dem Bildnis Jung-Stillings nach Dannecker .

In 1961 appeared a winner's medal-country with a portrait of Jung-Stilling by Dannecker.

anmpx06x0311.jpg889.jpg

50th anniversary(1911-1961) medal of the Siegerländer Homeland Club, the crown & arrow is the weather vane atop the tower of the St. Nicholas, Evangelical Church in Siegen, the 40 in the auction guide above is for 40 euros.

220px-SI_Nikolaikirche_Kroenchen_Close-up.jpg

Johann Heinrich Jung (12 September 1740– 2 April 1817) best known by his assumed name of Heinrich Stilling, was a German author. I think where you have I.H.IVIG STILLING should be I.H.IVNG STILLING with IVNG being Latin for JUNG(as the Romans had no U or J in their alphabet. The German inscription needs breaking up to ' heimat liebe puls im blut eintracht acht unser herzens gut' a google translate = On the front it says "IH Jung / Stilling," around on the back to the "Crown": [outside]: "love of country pulses in the blood / concord our kindhearted [in:] Siegerländer Folk Society".

Bereits 1961 erschien eine Siegerland-Medaille mit dem Bildnis Jung-Stillings nach Dannecker .

In 1961 appeared a winner's medal-country with a portrait of Jung-Stilling by Dannecker.

anmpx06x0311.jpg889.jpg

50th anniversary(1911-1961) medal of the Siegerländer Homeland Club, the crown & arrow is the weather vane atop the tower of the Evangelical Church in Siegen, the 40 in the auction guide above is for 40 euros.

220px-SI_Nikolaikirche_Kroenchen_Close-up.jpg

many thanks, a real help Andy