CoinPeople.com

Done and dusted with these Chinese coin collection

gxseries

This has been an extremely tough challenge and perhaps the only coin that I'm missing is a rather pricey Chinese-Soviet crown coin. For now, I'm very happy with this

http://www.gxseries.com/numis/china/china_province.htm

Some highlights in this collection are here:

Yunnan-Sichuan

1005574.jpg

Chinese-Soviet (Jiangxi Soviet)

996621.jpg

Qingdao (German colony at one stage)

983766.jpg

Guizhou antimony coin - rather unusual material

994973.jpg

Here's one thing I would say - I am very lucky that I started this coin collection at the start of the mad Chinese price hike and some of these coins have easily tripled by now. Some are even unobtainable no matter how much I want to fork out for instance the antimony coin, which pretty much appears on auction markets once in a blue moon.

Not a set that I can create a duplicate anytime or attempt another similar set...

Back in the mid 1980's I can remember buying some of the copper coins from junk boxes out in Berkeley California - something like 10 cents each. The best part was that I was on company time, worked for a plumbing contractor and was selling scrap metal from old jobs.

Very nice collection. Glad that you've been able to preserve this interesting part of Numismatic History. :bthumbsup: