CoinPeople.com

Need help with these coins

newbee

I have these coins that i inherited recently. Can anyone tell what they are, any information would help.

From what i can see the coin on the bottom left has a face engraved and the one immediately to the right has a person standing holding something over their head.

thank you

1A.jpg

1B.jpg

1.jpg

Roman, 3rd-4th century. Value would be limited due to the very low grade of the coins.

Middle coin top row and third coin (from left) bottom row both appear to be "soldier spearing fallen horseman" types, c. 350s AD, which is probably one of if not the most commonly encountered Roman coin today.

Roman, 3rd-4th century. Value would be limited due to the very low grade of the coins.

Middle coin top row and third coin (from left) bottom row both appear to be "soldier spearing fallen horseman" types, c. 350s AD, which is probably one of if not the most commonly encountered Roman coin today.

Could you suggest somewhere to learn how to preserve these coins, i know they are in bad shape but im sure they have been in my family for a while and would like to keep them from getting worse.

I'd start by soaking them in distilled water, taking them out and brushing with an old toothbrush from time to time. When you have some of the crud off and are satified with the coins revieled, dry them by placing in an oven at 150 - 200 F for a half hour, then rub them with some renaissance wax. This will get any water out of them and keep them from soaking up more. There are plenty of ancient coin groups on the internet where you can learn more. Search for Ancient Peddler and check that group out.

These may have been out of the ground for a long time, but they have the look of Balkan finds from the last decade. These are very commonly available.