CoinPeople.com

1993 Russian Bear Gold and Silver Proof Set

Fsuguy83

Just found out my grandmother bought her grandchildren coin sets. I received the 1993 Russian Bear Gold and Silver Proof Set.

It has a Gold 100 Roubles proof, Gold 50 Roubles proof, Gold 25 Roubles proof, and Silver proof weighing 31.1 grams.

It says 1400 pieces were minted. I am looking to sell this set. How much should I sell this for and where? On ebay?

I would appreciate any input.

Oh, wow. What does complete documentation mean? The only piece of paper in the box is the certificate of authenticity with some handwritten dollar amount on the back. I assume how much they paid for it at the time of purchase $1400.

And another note indicating the grandchild the box belongs to, which of course will not be included. Unless the buyer wants it.

I have no sentimental attachment to it as I didn't even know she had it. I have some paintings of hers that are worth more personally, than this coin set and they are worth five dollars on the market.

I'll post some pictures tonight if anyone is interested in seeing it.

Take very good pictures of the set and of each coin (perhaps using a scanner would be easier). Cut the pictures of coins out, so there is no huge empty spaces around them.

List on eBay under both Coins & Paper Money > Coins: World > Europe > Russia > Federation (1992-Now) and Coins & Paper Money > Coins: World > Gold

You can probably start the auction at $100 and see where it takes you.

If you don't have a PayPal account, it's a good idea to start one now.

put a reserve price, otherwise can sell cheaper than you wanted

The Reserve Price gives you a choice not to perform the transaction if the winning bid is lower than the reserve price. Bidders know that there is a reserve price but do not know what it is. This can actually somewhat reduce interest in your item, as people might assume that the reserve is quite high and there is no point in trying to win.

alex right from that point, however, you may not reach your desirable price because most buyers want to buy it cheaper than it is, these just a little tips to you, also some do not like to buy from seller with zero or low feedback

If seller is new to ebay I doubt he will get a decent bids for the coins.

May be to offer the coins' set on different forums is an option, but again, from the user with low feedback or few messages I doubt there will be a glut of buyers.

One of the options is to ask someone with ebay account to do it for you, but you will have to pay some %, because the ebay account holder might pay the taxes.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still undecided. Worried selling on ebay I will not get their true value, but if I go through someone else I will not get their true value.

I never have sold anything on ebay so my feedback will be zero. Maybe the only option is to hold onto them.