CoinPeople.com

Rons WPM - aka Banknoteworld

Dave

This message was on his site today.

Ron's WPM Web Site

a.k.a. Banknoteworld

is no longer available. My Director requested that it be removed from the AES server and there is no place else I can house the site, since it requires around 7 gigabytes of space.

It was a good run and I want to thank all who contributed to the site and all who may have just visited to browse or increase their knowledge.

Ron Wise

I felt terrible when I saw this great resource disappear. Hopefuly it can be saved onto another server at some point. Right now, the only information is the above text.

There's got to be more to this story. Hosting a site of that significance on borrowed space to begin with seems a bit weird, but then 7GB isn't all that much in 2012. I would think the IBNS could cough up the space, since they have apparently mutually agreed that Ron's images are an IBNS image gallery resource.

Dave

• 1 month later...

To Dave M. There could be two possibilities. One, the person owning the above website simply appropriated the images from your website and attached a blanket acknowledgment and considered that good in case you or someone else complained about the stolen images. Second, he/she pulled the images from a third website (e.g. Ron Wise's) where you may indeed have donated the scans and retained the attributions from that site.

It's the latter of those two options. The images on my site all have my name across them, but I had given Ron the original images to use on his banknote site, and those are the ones that are on this other site.

Dave