CoinPeople.com

1842-O Large Date Quarter...ENDED

jtryka

Well, to help out with the relief efforts in New Orleans, I didn't want to just donate cash, but wanted to do something a little more meaningful. So, I looked in my album and found all the coins I had from New Orleans, and will use what was once minted in that city to benefit it now. These coins were purchased in the 1980s, and have been just sitting in my collection ever since then. I only have three such coins, but hopefully with their own value and the generosity of the folks on these boards, it will help to make a difference in the lives devastated by Hurricane Katrina. The proceeds of this auction will go first to the American Red Cross (hopefully with matching funds from NGC Link), with any non-matching funds to the Salvation Army. The second coin is an 1842-O quarter dollar, Large Date variety (mintage 769,000). For you type set collectors, this is they Type 1, no motto variety 1838-53. I am not good with the grading here, but hopefully the photos will help. I will pay for the shipping to anywhere on the planet. You can pay by check, money order, Bidpay, or Paypal (no Credit Cards, sorry). The high bid will win the coin, and that is the amount that will be donated. Thanks for donating!

Starting Bid: $5

Minimum Bid Increment: $0.50

Auction ends Saturday, Sept. 10 at 3:00 Central Time GMT-6:00 (bids time stamped before 3:01 will be counted!)

;) WOW! Congratulations to Jtryka - another terrific offering. Please pm your paypal account info.

And congrats to me --- a very nice addition to my typeset. :ninja:;)

Archived