CoinPeople.com

Best price guide for CDN coins, 1900+

There isn't one in particular that I'd single out. A combination of Trends (part of Canadian Coin News), and current selling prices of the main large dealers (Colonial Acres, Gatewest, JandM) will usually give a good ballpark range.

Charlton catalogue is somewhat useless since it assumes that all items are TPG and thus assigns a minimum value of $5 to everything. Seriously, I'd love to see a slabbed 1960s nickel in AU-50. :lol:

There isn't one in particular that I'd single out. A combination of Trends (part of Canadian Coin News), and current selling prices of the main large dealers (Colonial Acres, Gatewest, JandM) will usually give a good ballpark range.

Charlton catalogue is somewhat useless since it assumes that all items are TPG and thus assigns a minimum value of $5 to everything. Seriously, I'd love to see a slabbed 1960s nickel in AU-50. :lol:

I need a number of slabbed 1960s nickels -- but not Canadian.

Seriously -- is this new for the Charlton catalogue? I have a copy from years past and it has some prices that are like 10 and 15 cents.

Seriously -- is this new for the Charlton catalogue? I have a copy from years past and it has some prices that are like 10 and 15 cents.

For the past year or two, yes - they pretty much revamped it as a sort of slabbed coin valuation cat. It's practically unusable for any modern circulation coin.

For the past year or two, yes - they pretty much revamped it as a sort of slabbed coin valuation cat. It's practically unusable for any modern circulation coin.

Thanks for the updated info. I don't actively collect Canadian but I'll hold onto my old Chilton forever -- it's an autographed hardbound edition.

Archived