CoinPeople.com

SouthCapeCoins

Hi Everyone,

We're thinking about starting thread specifically for rare South African coins, but before we do this, we want to find out if people would be interested in this. We realize that this is an international forum with a strong focus on US coins, but we simply don't have any rare coin forums in South Africa. Also, we'd like to see what the interest is in rare South African coins outside of the country and see who is collecting what.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone who's interested, let's see if we can get this rolling.

Thanks,

Georgia (South Cape Coins)

I'd be interested from a viewing and learning point of view. I have some South African coins in my collection but I'm sure none are considered rare. Good luck with the project.

I agree with Art, any information about coins (no matter there oregin) is a bonus to us collectors, if you want to talk South African coins on this forum go ahead, if you want to find out who is interested in your coins then post a thread and see how many members respond, the idea is to get things going then see where it leads you.

Thanks to everyone who's replied to this thread. It's great that there is an interest in South Africa coins in general. Whether or not you have rare coins in your collection, we're still keen to see what's out there, and we certainly have a lot of information to share. We will be starting a thread on here this month. We have a website and a blog where we post regularly, but will look to post articles here too in the resources section. So watch this space, we'll let you know when we get started on it. Thanks again for the interest and for taking the time to reply. Looking forward to getting a great new thread rolling :)

Archived