CoinPeople.com

I like this one

Dockwalliper

I heard today (from someone who apparently saw it in coin world) that they're coming out with a silver bullion roujnd/dollar that features the Mercury Dime liberty on the obverse. Can't find any pics or news online though.

This Is the Star Spangled Banner Comm. Dollar coin. There is also a $5 Gold coin.

What I meant is that I thought they'd use the lyrics on the coin somehow.

Oh, that's really sharp. This is the sort of thing I mean when I say commemoratives should be publicly commemorated, not just on bullion and NCLT issues--wouldn't you love to pull a piece like that out of your pocket? That Liberty and Flag obverse is terrific. That's the sort of design we need on our coins, not dead presidents!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

img.jpg

MACHUPICCHU LIMITED EDITION COIN

ONE (1) NUEVO SOL 2011

COIN UNC

6TH EDITION - 15 JULY 2011

LIMITED EDITION COIN UNC

PERU ONE (1) SOL 2011 COIN LIMITED EDITION UNC

This is the 6th coin of the series "Wealth and Pride of Peru":

A century after gaining worldwide fame, Machu Picchu is the subject of a new coin from Peru.

The copper-nickel-zinc coin, released July 15, is the latest in Peru’s Wealth and Pride series of circulating commemorative 1-nuevo-sol coins.

The isolated complex nestled high in the Andes (2,430 meters, or 7,972 feet), sometimes referred to as the “Lost city of the Incas,” today is a major draw for tourism to the region.

It is believed to have been built in the mid-15th century as an estate for the Incan emperor Pachacuti, and was inhabited a mere 100 years before the population died off or slipped away. It was untouched by the Spanish conquistadors, who otherwise plundered and destroyed other similar sites in their conquests.

Value : Un Nuevo Sol (One Nuevo Sol)

Alloy: Alpaca

Weight: 7.32 g

Diameter: 25.50 mm

Edge: Reeded

Mintage Year: 2011

Obverse: Coat of Arms

Reverse:

Issue: 10 million units

En circulacióna desde el 15 de Julio 2011 , es la Sexta moneda de la Coleccion de la Serie Numismática “Riqueza y Orgullo del Perú” alusiva a MACHUPICCHU, cuyas características se detalla a continuación:

Valor : S/. 1,00

Aleación : Alpaca

Peso : 7,32g

Diámetro : 25,50mm

Canto : Estriado

Año de Acuñación : 2011

Anverso : Escudo de Armas

Reverso :

Emisión : 10 millones de unidades

Edited by Art1.2
advertising violation

2.3.jpg

Marca Peru (Peru Brand) Logo One (1) Nuevo Sol 2012

1 SOL 2012

COIN UNC

In circulation since 6Th August 2012

Details

Value: S /. 1,00

Alloy: Alpaca

Weight: 7.32 g

Diameter: 25.50 mm

Edge: Reeded

Mintage Year: 2012

Obverse: Coat of Arms

Reverse: Marca Peru (Peru Brand)

Peru’s Central Reserve Bank (BCR) released a new Nuevo Sol coin, featuring the Marca Peru (Peru Brand) logo.

According to a press release, the new coin will feature the country’s coat of arms on one side, and the Marca Peru logo on the reverse alongside a seal from Peru’s national mint.

The Central Bank previously issued coins with designs bearing the Golden Tumi, The Karajia sarcophagi, the Estela de Raimondi, the Chullupas of Sillustani, Machu Picchu, the monastery of Santa Catalina, the Saywite stone, the Great Pajaten, and the Real Felipe Fortress.

Valor: S /. 1,00 Un (1) Nuevo sol

Aleacion : Alpaca

Peso : 7,32g

Diámetro : 25,50mm

Canto : Estriado

Año de Acuñación : 2011

Anverso : Escudo de Armas

Reverso: Marca Peru (Peru Brand)