CoinPeople.com

BEWARE OF THIS EBAY AUCTION

sigistenz

Hi friends, it's only today after 3 email inquiries that seller admits having confounded pictures.

Beware! The 5kop1788EM has NOT the old eagle but the common new eagle.

His 5kop1787EM has not the later (1788on) eagle but the normal old eagle.

I had suspected the seller having mixed up pictures by mistake and only today he confirmed it.

See ebay links below.

Sigi

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/...E:X:RTQ:US:1123

Hi friends, it's only today after 3 email inquiries that seller admits having confounded pictures.

Beware! The 5kop1788EM has NOT the old eagle but the common new eagle.

His 5kop1787EM has not the later (1788on) eagle but the normal old eagle.

I had suspected the seller having mixed up pictures by mistake and only today he confirmed it.

See ebay links below.

Sigi

Thanks, Sigi! :art: You do have "eagle eyes". :lol:

Have you dealt with him before? Do you think he did it on purpose, or just didn't think it made any difference? :confus:

Thanks, Sigi! :art: You do have "eagle eyes". :lol:

Have you dealt with him before? Do you think he did it on purpose, or just didn't think it made any difference? :confus:

Hi Bob, no I haven't dealt with him before and I don't think he did it on purpose. He apologizes for the late reply, saying the coins were elsewhere and that he had to go there to verify. As he can't change his pictures now any more, he has 2 options left - retract the offers or wait to explain things to the winning bidders. I think he made all the 4 scans at the same time (2 each coin) and then erroneously combined them wrongly.

I was pretty tempted - there is in fact that rare 1788 die combination as (erroneously) shown

and of 1787 there exists at least 1 piece with the later years' (1788-1796) design, depicted in Diakov, quoted there R5.

No mule known yet (normal mongram side/later years eagle) but with Russian coins

there are still discoveries to be made.... but telling YOU is like carry coals to Newcastle or

Ехать в Тулу со своим самоваром (the samovar factories are there in Tula).

Take care, Sigi

Auction is over now, the 5kop1788EM fetched some $140, so someone got fooled :black eye:

But I think I have convinced the seller to refuse payment and to keep his coin :pardon:

Sigi

-

Archived