CoinPeople.com

Thomas Mann

Hi members,

I have been collecting coins for a long time. I have two Thomas Mann coins. One of them is common, it is an East German 5 Mark

100 year commemorative coin. The other is a mystery: It is a silver coin about 4.5 cm in diameter. One side has the profile of Thomas Mann, his name and 1875-1975. The other side has a double headed eagle and the inscription: LUBECK HANSESTADT. On the rim of the coin there is CBN 1000 then a 4 digit #. DSCN4651.JPG

:bthumbsup::bthumbsup: Welcome to the forum :bthumbsup::bthumbsup:

Thomas Mann, 6th June 1875-12th August 1955.

German Novelist.

1929 Nobel prize winner.

In as far as I know the coin is a medal to commerate the achievments of Thomas mann, issued in the city of Lubeck in 1975.... :read:

Erich,

While he expert's manners may leave a lot to be desired he is probably factually correct. Private medals often do not command any premium over their metal content since there just isn't a lot of demand for these typically.

I have found that the Thomas Mann society in Lubeck have awarded literature medals and even I did not find a photo or description of this medal, I think that is probably the origin of this medal. I sent them a Email and I hope I can find from the serial # who actually and when received this medal and find out how they parted with it.

I have found that the Thomas Mann society in Lubeck have awarded literature medals and even I did not find a photo or description of this medal, I think that is probably the origin of this medal. I sent them a Email and I hope I can find from the serial # who actually and when received this medal and find out how they parted with it.

I love a mystery and this type of search is certainly a real life one. Best of luck with your search and please let us know how you do along the way. :bthumbsup:

Archived