CoinPeople.com

2012 Olympic Coin Designs

Here's a link to some 2012 London Olympics coin designs. I like them alot but especially the second coin.

2012 London Olympics

Here's a link to some 2012 London Olympics coin designs. I like them alot but especially the second coin.

2012 London Olympics

I don't like either. :sorry:

I don't like either. :sorry:

They're not hammered, so I guess I understand that. :grin:

No really - what is it that you don't like?

They're not hammered, so I guess I understand that. :grin:

:lol:

No really - what is it that you don't like?

I despise coins with the tacky enamelling and I find both designs rather cluttered. The cityscape in the centre of the first one is rather pleasing, though.

I like the Paralympics design better. The regular Olympics design seems rather pedestrian to me; the Paralympics design is one of the most effective uses of the simple fact that (most) coins are round that I've ever seen.

I like the Paralympics design better. The regular Olympics design seems rather pedestrian to me; the Paralympics design is one of the most effective uses of the simple fact that (most) coins are round that I've ever seen.

I have to agree with you on the Paralympics design. In fact I like that so much that I will be purchasing one for my UK collection.