CoinPeople.com

1802 10 kopek - a rather tough coin!

gxseries

I'm sure that I don't have one. It's a well used piece that has earned retirement in a nice collection.

I normally don't see this coin on offer hence I had to grab this coin when I saw it.

1000552.jpg

A tired worn coin yet it just doesn't show up in the market very often. Do you have one in your collection?

No, I don't have one of this type. That's a tough coin to find. Congratulations!

:yes::yes: I dont have one of these either but can you emagine maybe this coin was in a Russian soldiers pocket during the Crimean war of 1853-1856, what a story this coin could tell. :yes::yes:

It is wonderful to be here

In the great state of Chicago

Dan Quayle.

Oh..it is allways nice when there is a story behind coin... apart obvious historical matters..

I have few silver 5 kopeken 1757 from the area of battle of Zorndorf - on August 1758.

All the coins are in mint condition as the soldiers received them as payment and had no time to spend them.

Around 18000 died on Russian side and 3000 from this - close to the place were lives my friend. So in the swamp close to his house you can expect

some surprises :grin:

• 4 weeks later...

Photos would be nice Petershell and Steve :)

Ask and maybe someday, ye shall receive. (And then again, maybe not!)

Anyhow,

1805_SPB_FG_10_kopeks_obv.jpg1805_SPB_FG_10_kopeks_rev.jpg

(That's the coin that's more on topic--same general type as the 1802)

1809_SPB_MK_10_kopeks_obv.jpg1809_SPB_MK_10_kopeks_rev.jpg

And the subsequent type, which I mentioned. (Yes, I have to say I wish this guy was a poltina!)

PS--when you edit a post on the new software, and insert an image, if you somehow make a mistake with the URL, you cannot edit it except to wipe the whole thing out and redo it. The old software you could see the text of the URL in the editing text area. On the whole I like the newer version but UGH, it makes images a bit more annoying to do.

PS--when you edit a post on the new software, and insert an image, if you somehow make a mistake with the URL, you cannot edit it except to wipe the whole thing out and redo it. The old software you could see the text of the URL in the editing text area. On the whole I like the newer version but UGH, it makes images a bit more annoying to do.

Yes, that had me stumped for awhile, too -- until I discovered that there is a button in the top row of the edit window when replying to a post ... it gives you the hint "Toggle edit mode" when you hover the mouse over it (it's the first button on the left). When edit mode is toggled, you get the text-only image and hyperlink URLs, i.e. just like it was with the older software.

And those are some great-looking 10 kopecks you have there! (Still have??) :art:

this type of coins are all rare by Bitkin catalog, but its condition would be a crucial in order to determine the current value:

1802 R

1803 R2

1804 R

1805 R

1808 R3

1809 R1

1810 R

Thanks. Alas, no, they sold in the Big Sale of my collection by World Wide in November 2008.

Had a few moments, so went over the auction of your collection. You did well!

I wonder how it would go if the sale was this year. Many position recovered and exceeded since, others dropped.

It would be a completely different ball game, with possibly similar result overall, but still with 2008 having an edge.

Archived