CoinPeople.com

Hello Coin People

Hi everyone, my name is Malcolm and i am about to start collecting coins, going to start with British Coins and thinking of starting with the Royal Mint Proof year sets as was given one as a present and they look great. Are the ones available on Ebay reliable or are they best left alone?

Glad to be a part of a community that i can learn a lot from.

Cheers

Hi everyone, my name is Malcolm and i am about to start collecting coins, going to start with British Coins and thinking of starting with the Royal Mint Proof year sets as was given one as a present and they look great. Are the ones available on Ebay reliable or are they best left alone?

Glad to be a part of a community that i can learn a lot from.

Cheers

Welcome to the land of Noggin the Nog.

Where coin-cidence reigns supreme :rofl:

A very warm welcome to you, Malcolm. :art:

Are the ones available on Ebay reliable or are they best left alone?

Well, I've sold countless ones on eBay and I, to date, have never seen a fake so I'm sure you'll be fine. I'd always suggest being wary, though. For example, don't buy slightly odd coins from China and make sure you read the descriptions. If people state "I am not sure if this is genuine" then it probably isn't.

If ever in doubt then post a message on the forum and there'll be someone to help. :)

That is how addiction starts... Oh that was good, I will just stick to those, a few weeks later its something new. Welcome to the world of coins you'll be shocked how hooked you become

Welcome! I haven't got the modern British bug yet, but I love those pre-decimals. I haven't bought a lot on eBay (I like seeing a coin in person so I can make a decision), but the few times I have, I've been very satisfied. I can only echo the caveats above -- if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Hi all, thanks for the posts, have received my first three coins and am delighted with them. Think the obsession is starting. Also tempted to get the Royal Mints olympic issues, but one step at a time i think.

Looking forward to learning about coin collecting and meeting some interesting folks.

Cheers

Malcolm

Welcome Malcolm

From Ontario Canada

My name is Alan and it is nice to meet you.

This is a great form to learn about coin collecting, with wonderful people who are always willing to help.

All the Best

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Archived