Another music one

1. ELO - Evil woman

2. Depeche Mode - Everything Counts

3. Testament

4. Snap - Rhythm is a Dancer

5. Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls

6. Daft Punk

-Bobby

Testament is the right band, but what's the song? (You're getting very close).

5 is wrong, but they were Londoners i believe... the pronounciation of 'all' as 'awll' would give that much a way.

Actualy, Im pretty sure "One Step Closer" is wrong as it came out in 2000....

Clues... must find clues... :ninja:

-Bobby

I see where you got Linkin Park from but Park is part of the song title not the group... Your effort is commendable though.

I've littered a few clues out here and erm; there...

5. Flaming Lips - She dont Use Jelly

Struggling with this aren't we...

Well the group that's the answer to number 5 are well known for having a dwelling abode that's not located in a city, in fact the opposite. Note that the clue will get you the right band hopefully but the wrong song.

They were two 1990s Brit groups around at this time, one was Oasis, the other is the answer to this. No not Pulp.

Doesn't matter Bobby you truly deserved it! Anyhow it's my competition so i make the rules... if i want to drop hints as subtle as P*RKLIFE then who's to argue? :ninja:

Congratulations, having put in the most effort (and the most answers) and having been the first to present the full correct list i think you should get both prizes!

And of course everyone is mystified that i didn't mention either Deep Purple or Iron Maiden in that line up... Iron Maiden i nearly included but they only just missed out.

;)

I was thinking Judas Priest on the biblical hint, but the timing did not match up.

Congrats Bobby!

Oh yeah, i'd forgetten about that one! Hey so it wasn't such a giveaway... and then there was 'Genesis' depends how much you want to stretch the term 'thrash'. :ninja:

And i can't believe i didn't stick The Clash in there, with Rudie Can't Fail, or Rock the Casbah.

To say nothing of Vivaldi or Edward Elgar

As you can tell i'm quite eclectic. Who else would stack Moody Blues next to Alice Cooper? Or Adam and the Ants next to Nirvana or A Flock of Seaguls?

;)

Doesn't matter Bobby you truly deserved it! Anyhow it's my competition so i make the rules... if i want to drop hints as subtle as P*RKLIFE then who's to argue? ;)

Congratulations, having put in the most effort (and the most answers) and having been the first to present the full correct list i think you should get both prizes!

And of course everyone is mystified that i didn't mention either Deep Purple or Iron Maiden in that line up... Iron Maiden i nearly included but they only just missed out.

:cry:

Sweet! Thanks for the contest Ætheling.

And to clearify, I wasnt talking about your clues... those were a great help. I ment that I accidently posted the "Flaming Lips" guess when I went into my post to copy my past answers :lol:

Anyhoo.... :ninja:

;)

-Bobby

Wow, I never got off my butt and did any research.  Testament, eh?  Fantastic, they were one of my fav metal bands too.  :ninja:

Not often i say anything controversial (yeah right! ;) ), but i would have to say Testament were better than Metallica. Sure i have some Metallica lying around but to me alot of their songs sound far too much the same. Sometimes i don't even notice when one song ends and the next one begins. Although i do like 'Frayed Ends of Sanity' a lot.

Testament's downfall though is by the 1990s (looking at the album track lists) they were just re-releasing alot of stuff they'd already done. So i figured just buying the 'best of' was the best way to get most of them... except for 'the Ballad' which i had to buy the album 'Practice what you Preach' and on vinyl too!

Archived