CoinPeople.com

from wales

Welcome to CoinPeople. We have a number of metal detector folks here who regularly post their finds. Some very interesting items.

You can find some truly amazing things that way... I understand someone actually found a 1792 half disme once. (That's the coin reputed to have been made from George Washington's personal silver.)

The National Geographic metal detector (the one made for kids' use, not a serious metal detector) used to come in a box that showed pictures of a bunch of modern Canadian coinage... and mid 19th century Russian platinum coinage. Not a likely find anywhere in North America to say the least! I used to own some of that coinage, and when I saw the box in the store, my eye scanned over it, not thinking anything of it, until I doubletaked on the realization that a perfectly common sight--for me--like pictures of Russian platinum coins, made no real sense where I was seeing it! My subconscious was saying "what on earth is this doing here?"

Please do share what you have found. I've never had much luck at metal detecting so it'd be good to see what you've unearthed. :yes:

Archived