CoinPeople.com

Top 10 Inventions in Money Technology

akdrv

"3.) The First Armored Car – 1920

While some credit Leonardo da Vinci with inventing the armored car, he never actually built one. Today’s armored car industry found its roots in 1920 with the introduction of the first commercial armored car in St. Paul, Minnesota."

There's the DaVinci connection.

True but if that's the only Da Vinci connection why name the entire organisation after him?

The Da Vinci intitue is a "futurist think tank" as they say on their web site:

http://www.davinciinstitute.com/about.php

They are busy in more fields than just this subject.

Leonardo Da Vinci is considered a "homo universalis" being knowledged in may different areas: painting, music, he spoke many languages, technological inventions, etc.

I think the connection is there..

That sounds plausible. Da Vinci was without doubt the most ingenius man to have ever lived (much more so than Einstein), who else could draw up working plans for a helicopter in the 16th century? When someone got around to building it a year or two ago exactly to Da Vinci's plans it worked. (The only thing that stopped Da Vinci building it was the materials he had, but he had the foresight to realise future generations would develop better materials so he left the blueprints for them). This just goes to show dyslexia and ADD didn't hold him back.

They have even prauised him for being able to write backwards, but as a left hander i can tell you this is something any left hander can do if they put their mind to it, as it's more natural than writing left to right.

Anyhow we're heading off topic so i'll stop there. (I too struggle to stick to the point, my mind races elsewhere to something totally unrelated mid sentence...)

Still interesting inventions, fascinating about the credit card bit i thought. I'd always wondered about that one.

They have even prauised him for being able to write backwards, but as a left hander i can tell you this is something any left hander can do if they put their mind to it, as it's more natural than writing left to right.

I totally second that

Anyhow we're heading off topic so i'll stop there.

and that too

I guess they did not think much of the Janvier Lathe, the first "great invention in the last 100 years of money" that occurred to me.

I submitted proposals to DaVinci, but never even got a polite decline.

I gave their name to the ANA, but the ANA is fying its own fish, I guess.

Archived