CoinPeople.com

Help with coin values

JHolleyCoins

Hello all,

Could someone give me a value (ideally in GBP) for the following coins:

1824 George IIII Halfcrown (quite worn)

1811 Napoleon I franc (very good condition)

1874 'Hercules' 5 franc (very good condition)

1840 Young Victoria Half crown (quite worn)

1736 'Jernigans lottery' A standing figure of Minerva standing amidst various symbolic objects.Queen Caroline watering palmettos.(Poor)

1776 Dansk Skilling (very fine)

1777 Carolus III 1 Mexican Reales (FM Marking) (very fine)

1814 Napoleon 1 Franc (fine)

I will attach pictures of said items if requested to do so. I have it on good authority that they are legitimate. If I get much response I'll post details of further coins. I'm hoping to sell them gradually but I'm looking for an accurate price as I'm only an amateur.

Any ideas of selling in the UK would be useful.

JH

Hello!!!....and nice sounding set you have there...I am also new and am "amateur"!!! Do not get frustrated waiting on replies....there are myriad Very Knowledgeable folks/collectors here, it just takes time to get a response. Take a look throughout the rest of the European coin section and hopefully you can get some ideas on scarcity,, value, etc. And, Definitely get some pics up of your lot(s)...I had to use a "Web-Album" (Picassa...associated w/Google) to allow the resolution these afficionados desire. Best of luck....Hope you have some real Winners!!!!!

Hello!!!....and nice sounding set you have there...I am also new and am "amateur"!!! Do not get frustrated waiting on replies....there are myriad Very Knowledgeable folks/collectors here, it just takes time to get a response. Take a look throughout the rest of the European coin section and hopefully you can get some ideas on scarcity,, value, etc. And, Definitely get some pics up of your lot(s)...I had to use a "Web-Album" (Picassa...associated w/Google) to allow the resolution these afficionados desire. Best of luck....Hope you have some real Winners!!!!!

Thanks great idea I will do exactly that

The 1811 franc is beautiful - should have no problem fetching $50 (£30) or better.

The AN14 franc, while more worn is still a neat piece. Still, I think it should sell for $15-20 (£10-15)

Halfcrowns - both are well worn, but should be of some interest to those collecting on a budget. Perhaps £10-15 a piece.

1777 reale - perhaps $10-$15. (£7-10)

1867, 70 5 francs: EF. might grade better but old cleaning impairs value and market grade $40-50 (£25-30) each?

Disclaimer: These are personal opinions and I'm not referring to any catalogues as I write, so I might be way off.