CoinPeople.com

A couple new pickups from today's show

KoRnholio

I overpaid a bit on the Edward VI shilling by a fair bit ($200), but didn't mind since I got good deals on other material from the same dealer, including this Victorian half crown ($35). Finding one with a decent portrait (that doesn't cost a ton) took quite a while as well. Finding nice British hammered coins seems to be getting pretty hard around here, even at the big shows.

15471553edwardviengland.jpg

15471553edwardviengland.jpg

1887britainhalfcrowngef.jpg

1887britainhalfcrowngef.jpg

I overpaid a bit on the Edward VI shilling by a fair bit ($200), but didn't mind since I got good deals on other material from the same dealer, including this Victorian half crown ($35). Finding one with a decent portrait (that doesn't cost a ton) took quite a while as well. Finding nice British hammered coins seems to be getting pretty hard around here, even at the big shows.

Nice pieces! Hammered doesn't even really show up around here in any condition.

Nothing wrong with the Fine Silver issue 1/-.

I saw some really nice ones over the weekend but these were £300+

This was always a common hammered of a nice size and quality and demand proves there are not enough to go round.

I wonder how many exist? It would be in the thousands so in the face of it rare. :)

Nothing wrong with the Fine Silver issue 1/-.

I saw some really nice ones over the weekend but these were £300+

This was always a common hammered of a nice size and quality and demand proves there are not enough to go round.

I wonder how many exist? It would be in the thousands so in the face of it rare. :)

Archived