CoinPeople.com

What is this coin ?

nativeprid

I have this strange looking coin in my possession & not certain if it's a "good luck" type coin or what ? if there is anyone out there that has seen this type of coin & can offer input it would be greatly appreciated.ON the opposite of this coin is the female gender symbol.. Not even certain what this coin is made of. I am clueless

strange coin 1.jpg

And for those reading my post please forgive my lack of social skills.. I am new to this site. Grateful for its existence & the expertise of others on here. I have been perusing the wealth of knowledge of others on this topic & am hoping that someone can provide me w/some input. I may be back w/additional questions as I seem to have "inherited" quite a bit of various coins that are beyond my comprehension.... Thanks for being here !!!!

The 2nd question I have is regarding a 2005 Oregon State quarter but I find it to be unique because it appears to have a total copper side on one & a "normal" on the other. Was this a mistake ? or any ideas on the subject ?

Is it the same thickness as a regular quarter, or thinner?

It is hard to tell from the picture, but it appears as if something was attached to the side you show, something like a pin or button attachment. It is not a coin and I doubt that it would be classified as a medal or token. I'd go with pinback or button.

It is hard to tell from the picture, but it appears as if something was attached to the side you show, something like a pin or button attachment. It is not a coin and I doubt that it would be classified as a medal or token. I'd go with pinback or button.

hmmm very interesting..... because of its thickness I do not find it to be a "normal" coin. and because of it's c (cent mark) on the opposing side as well as its metal "type" you have me wondering if maybe you are on the proper path.. But, it does still have me stumped ... thanks for the insight.... things that make you go hmmmmm.. appreciate your input...

Archived