CoinPeople.com

silver 5 kopecks 1762 - Peter III

Ivlianvs II

Hello!

I have this rare silver coin - 5 kopecks 1762 - Peter III (V.V. Bitkin Comprehensive Catalog of Imperial Russian Coinage Kiev 2000, page 337, number. 3). Could anyone advise me if is it an original coin strucked in 1762 or if it was strucked later (novodel). And standard question: How much It's worth? Thanks.

Peter III - 5 kopejka.JPG

Unfotunately it is neither original nor novodel. Some kind of copy. How did you come across this artifact?

I bought it about ten years ago from one older man in local internet auction (no one except me was interested in that coin). He told me that I had bought the coin for a very good price and that he had paid about 5000,- Schillings in Rauch auction (Austria) for it (also years ago). I collect ancient coins and I don´t have experiences with old russian coins, but the uneven lines on letters were very suspicious for me and it really looks like work of some amateur forger. But different countries have different numismatic history and technics, so I needed some help from someone more experienced.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I have this rare silver coin - 5 kopecks 1762 - Peter III (V.V. Bitkin Comprehensive Catalog of Imperial Russian Coinage Kiev 2000, page 337, number. 3). Could anyone advise me if is it an original coin strucked in 1762 or if it was strucked later (novodel). And standard question: How much It's worth? Thanks.

Its original, it's a pattern coin.V.V. Bitkin Comprehensive Catalog of Imperial Russian Coinage Kiev 2000 - garbage. prices in this catalog was used in 2000, 2001 years but now is 2011 don't forget about this!

Its original, it's a pattern coin.

It was previously clearly said that this coin is a FAKE ! And I fully agree !

почему ты так в этом уверен?

I would be happy to assist you,

please tell,

do yuo think a coin presented here and in above catalog looks same to you ? :shock:

I bought it about ten years ago from one older man in local internet auction (no one except me was interested in that coin).

If a genuine example of such a great rarity was offered in an auction, there would be *many* collectors interested in it.

Archived