CoinPeople.com

query about an antiquette

A.K.Mathur

Require information about a coin or momento with a red indian face facing left (liberty head band) with United States of America 1898 on one side and engraved four symbols (well,flower,horsehoe,plier like object) on the other side, wt 250 gms approx. and made of bronze. Diameter 7.8 cm approx. ?

I want to know what exactly it is and it's origin with its current value?

I want to Know the exactly what type of this Lucky penny is and also its estimated value!

Obverse_opt.jpg

Not much more can be said unless someone recognizes who made it or if it was made for a specific event. Souvenir good luck pennies of this general type were made for events across the country over a long period of time. Without naming a specific event, it would likely fall into the lower end of the value scale ($5 to $20). Those with specific event names fall into a higher scale ($10 to $50) depending on the popularity of the event as a collecting topic.

7.8cm would mean about 3" in diameter. Actually that is a coaster for drinks. Those were really common a few years ago in many different types. Some were of Lincoln Cents, Mercury Dimes, etc.

They used to be sold in many places as novelties. One gas station I used to go to sold them for $1 each with an 8 gallon of gas purchase. Those are slowly becoming difficult to find and although not a real coin or token, may some day become valuable.

Archived