CoinPeople.com

What is the NGC grade? - Morgan - 1884 o

CMCART

I'm going to guess that NGC would give this an MS65. It's a very pretty coin and very few bag marks, especially on the face so they might have even gone higher.

Even though the pictures aren't very good. I don't think it looks cleaned. I downloaded and enlarged. No signs I saw of cleaning. And if dipped it was a real long time ago. Has nice luster in the field, can't tell on the face, only a couple things what I think may hold it back. It looks like a scratch on the cheek above he jaw line and one on the left star. The Main one is the cheek. And that is a maybe because of the picture. Just a bit too blurry to be able to get a real decent guess on the grade. And I am going probably on the low side because of that.

A couple things that may help on pictures. I have taken a few out side myself. Use something a little more neutral as the back ground. When you take a picture on a dark back ground it tends to wash out the coin. I use the hood of my truck since its a silver color. A little bit of shade also helps. Keeps glare and reflections off pictures of coins in slabs. If you end up moving inside to take pictures use two lamps at angles with two different type bulbs. A OTT full spectrum bulb and a standard bulb is what I normally use. I already had one goose neck lamp for viewing coins, but added another to help taking pictures. Right now I need to get a couple new bulbs they are getting kind of off. There's some folks here who take some really nice pictures you might check the photography forum here for hints.

Even though the pictures aren't very good. I don't think it looks cleaned. I downloaded and enlarged. No signs I saw of cleaning. And if dipped it was a real long time ago. Has nice luster in the field, can't tell on the face, only a couple things what I think may hold it back. It looks like a scratch on the cheek above he jaw line and one on the left star. The Main one is the cheek. And that is a maybe because of the picture. Just a bit too blurry to be able to get a real decent guess on the grade. And I am going probably on the low side because of that.

I think you took my PCGS part a little too serious. They bag legitmately toned coins and keep those cleaned in holders (with obvious scuff marks, dirt in the details, etc). Or they'll say a well toned coin is clean. What they keep in and out of holders is sketchy at times, which is why I tried to make a joke. Guess I missed on that one.